Frequently Asked Questions
Find answers to common questions quickly, or ask us a more detailed question if you can't find what you are looking for...
Agents discussing gadget insurance.
Hidden so all FAQ's appear closed
What is "Find my iPhone"?

The Find My iPhone keeps track of your Apple device — even if it’s offline.

Your privacy is protected every step of the way.

However, to complete a repair on an iPhone, this App must be switched off.

Why do I need to turn of Find My iPhone for repairs?

Apple is unable to repair, replace or service your phone if “Find my iPhone” is switched on.

You can turn it off, even if the device is broken, as follows:
Sign in to iCloud
Delete the phone from iCloud:
1. Turn off the device you want to remove. Remove the SIM card to ensure that it cannot connect to the mobile network again.
2. Sign in to on a computer with your Apple ID.
3. Click Find My iPhone.
4. Click All Devices, select the offline device, select Erase iPhone, select Erase again, then click Remove from Account or click the Delete button next to the device.
If the device comes online again, it will reappear in Find My iPhone.

How do I make a claim?

Click on our policyholders page and follow the following steps:
1. Click Make a claim
2. Fill in the claims form on that page.
3. We will contact you via email to advise the next steps. (the email may be filtered into your junk inbox, so be sure to check there)

Why do I need to delete all my data before sending my device for repair?

Personal data is highly important and can be used for illegal purposes if the wrong people have access to it. Make sure you back up your device to a secure location before deleting your data. 

If my gadget or mobile needs to be replaced, will I get the same model?

Yes, to the best of our ability we replace like for like

What documents do I need to provide if I take my phone to Apple for repair?

You will need to provide two documents

  • Genius Bar Work Authorisation
  • Copy of the paid invoice.
What is a policy excess and why does it have to be paid?

This is the amount that you must contribute towards your mobile phone claim. This excess must be paid before we can settle your claim.

Excesses are a normal part of any insurance claim whether it is for your car, home or you take travel insurance. The details of the excess you need to pay can be found in the Policy Terms and Conditions or contact us and we will confirm this for you.

How do I pay the excess?

You can pay your policy excess by selecting ‘Make a payment to WCS’. Please ensure you have your policy number on hand.

Do you provide loan equipment?

Unfortunately, we do not provide loan handsets.

However, if you still have a previous handset, you only need to put your sim card into that one and you should be back up and working whilst your claim is being processed

What is proof of usage and how do I get it?

The proof of usage is a document that you will need to request from your Airtime provider. This confirms the first and last time your handset was used.

Why do I have to blacklist the handset and who should I contact?

You should tell your Airtime provider immediately if your phone is lost or stolen, so they can block it and stop anyone else from using it.

If you don’t tell them immediately, your handset could be used to call overseas and incur extra costs. When making a claim, we want to see this completed as part of your responsibility to ensure you protect the Insurer’s interests.

Do I have to pay for postage?

You will need to pay for Royal Mail Special Delivery costs to send your handset to us or our Authorised Repairers.

We pay the costs for sending the repaired/replaced handset back to you.

Do I need to report my handset lost or stolen?

Yes, you do.

If the handset has been stolen you should visit your nearest Police Station and report the incident, to get a Crime Reference number.

If the handset is lost, you should visit: ‘’ and complete the report.

Do you provide a warranty on repaired handsets?

Yes, we do. There is a 90-day warranty on all repairs

What is an IMEI number and how can I find it?


The “International Mobile Equipment Identifier” (IMEI) number is the unique serial number for your handset.

You can find this on the original box it came in or by typing in  #06#  on your keypad, and the screen will display the number which is  15 or 16 digits.

What is a "minimum term"?

If you make a claim in the first 12 months from the start of the policy, you will need to continue with cover for a minimum of 12 months.

For example, if you make a claim in month three you would need to continue paying for the insurance for a further nine months.

Who is the mobile phone insurance cover designed for?

Our policy is designed for people who don’t have their handset insured elsewhere, or want to cover it separately, and who wish to cover the costs of repair or replacement should the item breakdown outside of the manufacturer’s warranty, be damaged, lost or stolen. ** (Depending on the cover you selected)

As with all insurance policies, an excess is required, and Conditions and Exclusions apply.

Am I covered for Theft and Loss?

Your Schedule of Insurance that was emailed to you when you took out the cover will advise you exactly what the policy covers you for.

If you are not sure you can contact us by email at or call us on 01256 471387

Am I covered whilst abroad?

Yes, you are covered whilst you are abroad for up to 90 days in any 12-month period.

Does this policy align with my airtime contract?

The policy may have been set up when you purchased your new handset and Airtime contract, but the insurance is entirely separate and will continue on a monthly basis until cancelled by you.

Should you purchase a new handset after your Airtime contract has been completed, this handset will be covered by us. Please remember to contact us and let us know so that we can update your policy for you.

How long must I keep my insurance going?

The mobile phone insurance is a monthly policy and can be cancelled at any time unless you make a claim within the first 12 months of cover.

If you make a claim you will be expected to keep the cover in force for 12-months in total.

I don’t know what I’m covered for, how can I find out?

Your Schedule of Insurance which was emailed to you when you took out the cover will advise you exactly what the policy covers you for.

If you are not sure you can contact us by email at or call us on 01256 471387

When I upgrade my handset, what do I need to do to keep it covered?

If you have upgraded your handset, please email:, confirming the following:

  • Make, Model, memory and colour of handset
  • Your invoice/order
  • Your new IMEI Number
  • Include photographs of the handset, front and back
  • Confirm that the handset is in good working order and has suffered no damage.


What is the Direct Debit on my bank account or charge on my payment card?

You will be paying for insurance to cover your mobile phone or gadget on a monthly basis. If you pay through your bank then we will take payment monthly by direct debit which should reference “Warranty & Creditor Services” or “WCS”. 

Should you need a copy of your Schedule of Insurance please contact us.

Can I change the bank for payments?

How can I change my Bank Account for the direct debit?

This can be completed through your Bank automatically or you can email us with your new details providing your unique policy number so that we can action that for you.

Is there are limit to the number of claims I can make?

There is no limit to the number of claims you can make for accidental damage. 

You can only make two total loss claims (Theft or Loss) in any 12-month period.

Who is covered using my Mobile phone?

You, and any of your immediate family only.

How do I cancel my policy?

You can simply cancel your direct debit with your Bank, or email with your policy number and your request to cancel your cover.

If you pay by credit or other payment card you must contact us to cancel your policy. 

Do I have to give notice of cancellation?

The mobile phone insurance is a monthly policy and can be cancelled by you at any time. If you make a claim within the first 12 months of cover you must keep the cover in force for 12 months in total.

Do you charge a fee to cancel a policy.


I want to make a complaint, how can I do it?

Warranty & Creditor Services will always endeavour to be fair and reasonable.

If you believe we have not provided you with a satisfactory level of service, please tell us so we can do our best to resolve the problem. The easiest way to contact us is to call us on 01256 471387. Lines are open Monday – Friday, 9am – 1pm. We will do everything possible to ensure that your query is dealt with promptly. Alternatively, you can email or write to:

 The Complaint Manager, Warranty & Creditor Services 6 Faraday Office Park, Rankine Road, Basingstoke RG24 8QB

 Please quote your Policy Number and Full Postal Address in any correspondence. Warranty & Creditor Services handles all complaints internally.

If you are not happy with our decision, you can, within six months of our final decision, refer your complaint to The Financial Ombudsman Service, Exchange Tower, Harbour Exchange, LONDON, E14 9SR Telephone: 0800 023 4567 / 0300 123 9123,

Email: Web:

We can provide you with a copy of our Complaints procedure. To request this, please email: